Sunday, August 17, 2014

my goal.

So I've been wanting to do a blog for a while. I wanted to share my experience dealing with genetic depression and also some of the traumas and experiences I have lived with and continue to battle. 
           My goal is to give insight to those who may not fully understand what it is like to live with a mental illness. 
                                       I want to fight the stigmas of mental illness. 
                              I want to help others who suffer, and allow others to help me.
                   I want to show people I am not ashamed of being a patient of mental illness. 

                          I want to prove that mental health is as important as physical health.


I have an opportunity now to helpfully but my lifelong depression into remission with a new treatment called transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). 
I will be started my treatment on the 22nd, which will continue 5 days a week, for 5 weeks. I believe greatly in this new form of treatment and want to help prove that this treatment is effective, and most of all, safe.
I'll also be using this as my own personal journal.  You can read about my background in the about me section

No comments:

Post a Comment